War Comes Home: In Schools
Instructional Support for Teaching the Veteran Experience
- for What It Is Like to Go to War by Karl Marlantes
- Selective Service System lesson
- Webinar recordings and presentation PDFs are available.
“Military Psychiatry, Combat Exhaustion, and American Manhood during and after War II," by professor Rebecca Plant, University of California, San Diego.
"Coming Home: Lessons Learned and Not Learned from Vietnam Veterans' Experiences," by Professor Kathryn Statler, University of San Diego.
- Content support and guidance for appropriate student engagement with veterans and veteran issues. A PDF of the presentation provided by Star Lara of Swords to Plowshares is available. Click here for the webinar recording.
- June 20, 2015 online symposium recordings and teacher resources are available.
For questions and comments, please contact us at email@example.com.
Get involved! Visit California Humanities' website to learn more about War Comes Home and how you can participate in their statewide initiative in your community.